[WikiEN-l] Footers (WAS: Re: Deleting the Lolicon picture)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:46:12 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, David Alexander Russell <webmaster at davidarussell.co.uk> wrote:
> Perhaps it would be better if there was NO footer at all (rather
> than stripping out multiple occurences of the footer post-sending). This
> would solve the display problems you mentioned without screwing PGP
> signing. Surely the fact that [WikiEN-l] is in the subject line tells
> someone that the email is from the mailing list, without the need for
> the footer.

In any case, for me, gmail hides the footer as "quoted text". Perhaps
because of the long line above?

I kind of agree with you, but containing the unsubscription link
probably saves the mods a lot of administrivia.  (Incidentally, I'm
still trying to work out why one of my previous messages got filtered
out for containing "potential administrivia")

Obwikipedia: Subcategories really, really don't work. Why have we put
up with them for so long? I was trying to categorise [[Brownstone]].
First I chose [[Category:building materials]]. Then I realised there
was a subcat [[Category:Masonry]]. But why not go the whole hog,
[[Category:Stone]]? Because there you end up in a category with 3
other members, none of which were real building materials. I ended up
using both Masonry and Stone, violating the rule against using a cat
and its subcat together.

Steve