[WikiEN-l] what are the ethics involved?

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Apr 2 15:03:36 UTC 2006

G'day Thom,

> Is it ethical for a Wiki editor, who is also an admistrator,  to edit  both
> sides of an issue?

If that editor is a good Wikipedian --- and, being an administrator, we
should hope he is --- then it is entirely appropriate for him (or her)
to edit any article he (or she) damn well pleases.

It's called "writing from a netural point-of-view", and some of us pride
ourselves on our ability to do just that.

You might as well ask if it's ethical for me to edit an article about
Manchester United FC ...

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"