[WikiEN-l] Crap vfd nominations

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:46:07 UTC 2005

On 10/1/05, Jack Lynch <jack.i.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:
> If we were making paper encyclopedias, this inclusionism deletionism
> thing would make sense. Both sides would have a case. But unless the
> information is false, unusable, or otherwise profoundly
> unencyclopedic, it should stay, we have enough "room". Possibly some
> articles will never be used, but thats better than people failing to
> find what their looking for.

Putting aside the philosophical issues here, wouldn't it be easier,
just from a practical standpoint, to merge the information in these
traffic circle articles into the articles on the towns that they are
in? Info about traffic circles can go into [[traffic circle]], the
logical place to put it.

I don't think the information has to go, I just think that in many
cases it would be easier (for both editors and readers) to have more
information on single pages, than on many smaller ones.

And now the philosophical rant:

> The goal is for everyone to have access to the sum total of human knowlege.

Actually no, WP is an encyclopaedia, not a general knowledge base.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com