[WikiEN-l] Afd nominations

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 21:02:23 UTC 2005

On 30/09/05, Michael Turley <michael.turley at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If I had better access to historical records, I might be able to do that
> > for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonnelle_Circle . It's a very busy
> > intersection, located on the Route 1 Extension, considered by many to be
> > the first "super highway" in the United States.
>
> Honestly, my memory sucks right now.  I'm not trying to be flippant:
> Isn't there a famous traffic circle or two worthy of featured article
> status in London, England?  Perhaps one in Paris, France or Rome,
> Italy as well?

[[Magic Roundabout (Swindon)]], which I drove through a week or so
back (and got very confused seeing the signs for), perhaps? Or [[Magic
Roundabout (Hemel Hempstead)]] looks pretty interesting. Either of
these two could have quite a detailed article written about it, though
it would potentially go into too much weirdly technical stuff to be
FA-able.

[[Spaghetti Junction]] is a bit beyond "traffic circle", but has an
undeniable place in UKian pop culture. Or perhaps the (infamous)
[[Hanger Lane Gyratory System]], currently a stub...

I wouldn't want to write these - though it'd serve as an opportunity
to actually read those traffic engineering books I found in a library
sale, they look interesting - but I don't see that it can't be done.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk