[WikiEN-l] Vfd nominations

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 20:17:58 UTC 2005

On 9/30/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFD had a near unanimous concensus that the article should be deleted.
> I don't have anything against merging content during the discussion, but if
> the consensus is to delete such a merge must be undone.

If the data is useful where it was merged into, there is no reason to
arbitrarily undo the merge.  After all, even the deletion policy
doesn't preclude the recreation of the *exact same article*, provided
that there is sufficient new content included in the recreation.

We're building an encyclopedia, and if the merge supports that
mission, leave it, regardless of whether we've voted that the article
is unsustainable as a separate article.

Had SPUI not created a redirect, we'd simply be pleased with his
expansion of the township article, and this wouldn't even be
discussed.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused