[WikiEN-l] Crap vfd nominations

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 22:03:09 UTC 2005

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:

> (stuff)

The problem with saying that "the reasoning is what's important" is that
it leaves in up to the discretion of the closing admin to say who had
good reasoning and who didn't. That means the admin is basically
deciding what the result will be, because anyone who disagrees with his
or her reasoning will have "bad reasoning" and their vote discounted.
You might as well close AFD and let admins speedy whatever articles they
want.

Which is something I'm not entirely averse to, as a system. It might be
better than this, where a few people who sit in AFD all day have power
over what lives and dies, and their decisions are regarded as final. At
least if an admin speedies an article, another admin can restore it. But
here, if 20 people vote to delete because of "roadcruft", that decision
is legitimated in the eyes of the community. This is why I'm in favor of
something like pure wiki deletion, or admin-only pure wiki deletion.
Deletion should never have this air of finality that AFD gives to it.

- Ryan