[WikiEN-l] Re: Crap vfd nominations

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Sep 30 18:53:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, SPUI wrote:

> Phroziac wrote:
> > why are they invalid vfds, Cindy?
> >
> Because they don't establish deletability. There was a recent discussion
> on this list about that, but I can't seem to find it.

I remember recently suggesting that any nomination that includes the
words "non-notable" or "cruft" ought to be treated as a speedy keep
(with the intent of making people work a little harder on explaining
why a nomination ought to be deleted), but I can't find my email on
the topic either. I also remember someone disagreed about treating
"non-notable" in this way, so that is as far as *that* proposal
went.

Assuming that there is a consensus concerning use/abuse of the word
"cruft", then only one of your Speedy Keeps would be justified on that
basis:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Freehold_Circle
> "Here is another nn traffic circle. Roadcruft. Delete --JAranda | yeah
> 02:40, 28 September 2005 (UTC)

Was this deprecation of the word "cruft" pointed out?

Geoff