[WikiEN-l] Afd nominations

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:10:10 UTC 2005

> Sounds very like an obsessive deletionist who's more concerned with
> process than product. AFD seems to encourage that sort of thing.

Have you tried visiting Votes for undeletion lately? I did so recently and
argued for undeletion of an article. I was asked if I was addressing the
content or the process. Why the content, of course, I said. I was then told
that this wasn't what VFU was for. Sure enough, the phrase in the undeletion
policy that refers to Wikipedia being a better place with an article than
without was nowhere to be seen on the page. I updated the instructions
*directly* from the undeletion policy. This was reverted several times. Some
people claimed that policy had been changed. I pointed out, by reference to
the actual policy, that it hadn't. Whereupon a proposal to change policy was
made--to exclude any reference undeletion based ona judgement that the
content was good for wikipedia.

At that point I decided it was time to leave people who wanted to play silly
buggers to get on with it.