[WikiEN-l] The AfD saga

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:00:03 UTC 2005

On 9/30/05, Nicholas Turnbull <nicholas.turnbull at gmail.com> wrote:
> There definitely seems to be this ongoing argument over the way AfD is
> handled, or whether or not it is being correct or accurate in its
> judgements for articles to be deleted. This seems to get dredged up
> once every, say, three months (along with arguments over RfA
> standards) and as yet we haven't really done anything very firm about
> it, except change the name of what seems to me to be a universally
> hated procedure.

Deletion is a big issue. There is the big devide between deletionists
and inclusionsts. Whatever arena you chose to have the fights in there
are going to be problems. At least AFD keeps it fairly contained. You
don't ever have to go near the place.

> To those taking issue with AfD deletions - forgive me for being an
> arsehole, but {{sofixit}}. I think that rather than arguing over the
> way that AfD operates, we should work towards fixing or replacing it,
> using these cases where users have taken exception to AfDs as feedback
> for the current process. Otherwise, we'll just be having this same
> argument in three months time or so, in a sort of "Groundhog Day"
> scenario. :-) And we all know how unproductive arguments can be on
> Wikipedia.
>
> Best regards,
>
> -- Nick, [[User:NicholasTurnbull]]

Arguments about AFD that will go nowhere I can live with since it
doesn't require any new policy and doesn't have any impact on those
who wish to avoid the debate.

--
geni