[WikiEN-l] Vfd nominations

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:07:12 UTC 2005

SPUI wrote:
>David Gerard wrote:

>> Probably the best way, then, to work around the poisonous dysfunction
>> of xFD is to make the deletion moot by merging it into the town
>> article and making the name a redirect.

>Lucky me - I'd already done that for the ones that have been deleted,
>despite the guide to VFD warning against it! Ah, the joy of cheating the
>system.

It says *what*? Remove that promptly. If you don't want to, I will.
That will have been put there by some idjit who feels a burning need
to hamper the operation of Wikipedia for the sake of a
higher-throughput deletion procedure. Bollocks to that - merging
content is always an option.

>Now all we need is someone complaining that it shouldn't be in
>the town article, but at least that can't be brushed under the rug with
>vfd, just a nice healthy revert war.

Let's see if it's started by someone who *just happens* to be a VFD habitue.

- d.