[WikiEN-l] Vfd nominations

SPUI drspui at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:02:53 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:
> SPUI wrote:
>>I'd honestly have no problem with merging into the town, as it is a
>>local landmark. It shouldn't break the GFDL even if the article is
>>deleted, as the revision history is now available to all for deleted
>>articles.
>
> Probably the best way, then, to work around the poisonous dysfunction
> of xFD is to make the deletion moot by merging it into the town
> article and making the name a redirect.

Lucky me - I'd already done that for the ones that have been deleted,
despite the guide to VFD warning against it! Ah, the joy of cheating the
system. Now all we need is someone complaining that it shouldn't be in
the town article, but at least that can't be brushed under the rug with
vfd, just a nice healthy revert war.