[WikiEN-l] Why am I being blocked?

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:41:23 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:

>> If that doesn't work, do our best to block individually and revert
>> the damage. Innocent people shouldn't be blocked for a month because
>> of what one person did.
>

> He was able to get new IPs every couple of minutes; at one point he
> was blocked over a dozen times in a couple of hours.  Individual IP
> blocks weren't working.

Well, that sucks for the vandal fighters. I understand your frustration
at this, and the desire to just make it go away. But blocking an entire
range of IPs, I think, is not an acceptable solution.

Geoff Burling wrote:

>Note: I am not condemning Jay for his actions:

Oh yeah, definitely. I think what he did was rather inappropriate, but
not something to get really huffy about. My point is just that a 1 month
block on an entire range of IPs is quit excessive and should not be done
ever*. If we can all agree about that, then the issue is pretty much
resolved, as far as I am concerned.

- Ryan