[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikien-l Mailing List

netsql cekvenich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:05:25 UTC 2005

Mark and Ray,

I am CEO of roomity. You got a personal off list email from a person
w/ real address, much more expensive than writing a bot, we don't do
that.. Many people mirror mail lists (gmane.org <http://gmane.org>,
mail-archive,)etc.

We do not spam, we help reduce spam more than anyone else.

Let me know how you'd like the mirror to work ... etc.

.V

Hmm that's a worry. It's certainly an argument for keeping the mailing
list archives private. Maybe we need to see if there's a way to mask
email addresses on the archive from spam robots like this.

~Mark Ryan

On 8/17/05, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net
>* I've received the following spam, masking as though it's from the
*>* mailing list.  Directly replying would be to the roomity address, and
*>* not to this mailing list.
*>*  Ec
*>*
*>* Joni Ellsworth wrote:
*>*
*>* > Ray,
*>* >
*>* > I was reading your posts on the Wikien-l mailing group yesterday, and
*>* > think our site may be of interest to you.  It will put all the posts
*>* > from the group on one page, and keep your inbox cleaner.
*>* >
*>* > There is nothing to buy, and there is a video demo, if you like.  If
*>* > you do get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think of it
*>* > - I would love to hear your thoughts.
*>* >
*>* > The site addy is http://www.roomity.com.
*>* >
*>* > Thanks!
*>* >
*>* > Joni Ellsworth
*>* > Community Operator
*>* > EMail: coasteraddict at roomity.com
*>* > URL:   http://www.roomity.com
*>* > Office: 214-827-3319
*>* >
*>* > To opt out of this email, please contact coasteraddict at
roomity.com <http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l>
*>*
*>*
*>*
*>* WikiEN-l mailing list
*>* WikiEN-l at Wikipedia.org
<http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l>
*>* To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit: