[WikiEN-l] Why am I being blocked?

Freya cybercat at redjellyfish.net
Sun Sep 25 00:00:06 UTC 2005

I have made several attempts to update/correct articles on Wikipedia,
and have received the following message, or some variation of it:

You have attempted to edit a page, either by clicking the "edit this
page" tab or by following a red link.

Your user name or IP address has been
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Blocking_policy>blocked by
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jayjg>Jayjg.

The reason given is this:
massive vandalism from this range from banned
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alberuni>User:Alberuni; we
apologise for the inconvenience

You can <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Emailuser/Jayjg>email
Jayjg or one of the other
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_administrators>administrators
to discuss the block. You may also edit
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Mytalk>your user talk page if
you wish. If you believe that our
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Blocking_policy>blocking
policy was violated, you may discuss the block publicly on the
<http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l>WikiEN-l mailing
list. Note that you may not use the "email this user" feature unless
you have a Wikipedia account and a valid email address registered in
your <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Preferences>user preferences.

Your IP address is 4.153.217.166. Please include this address, along
with your username, in any queries you make.

What is interesting, every time I get this message, the IP address
given is different. Also, I don't even know who this jerk Alberuni
is! I don't even have an official Wikipedia name!

I have hunted and hunted and hunted and hunted and hunted for people
to contact, and finally, after numerous e-mails and what seemed like
one big wild goose chase, I received the suggestion that I subscribe
to WikiEN-L. Also, I cannot find any way to contact Jayjg and ask
that this block be removed.

Can anybody get me unblocked? I have made changes to Wikipedia, but
all of them have been positive and good! Besides, during their fund
drive I gave the foundation $20.

- Freya Harris
   Atlanta, GA