[WikiEN-l] Tor horror stories

Neil Harris usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 14:50:17 UTC 2005

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>I'm talking to some Tor people, trying to explain to them why Tor
>servers are so often blocked from editing wikipedia.  I'd like to
>collect some information (horror stories) about it...
>
>I've blogged about my own proposed solution to the problem.
>http://blog.jimmywales.com/
>
>--Jimbo

Regarding Tor, does anyone have, or has anyone considered, an
auto-discovery robot to find Tor proxies?

This would be a Tor client which would connect to Tor at regular
intervals and hit a special URL with a magic authenticating token in it,
that would automatically ban the IP in question.

Sooner or later, it would work its way through all, or almost all, of
the proxies in the Tor cloud.

-- Neil