[WikiEN-l] WTF? Is it suddenly OK to ignore consensus on AfD?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 25 07:07:34 UTC 2005

Stephen Bain wrote:

>While I don't necessarily agree with the decision (I think there was
>no consensus either way), one can see how some of the votes might have
>been given greater weight than others. For example:
>
>"Keep, we winning the fight aginst school deletionism."
>"Keep. I heard from Aranda56 that we needed more votes for this article."
>"Keep I heard from Radman's sisters' aunts' brothers' cousins'
>girlfriends' sister that this needed to be kept!"
>"Keep."

Also:
"*Delete."*
*"Delete*. Usual reasons."
"*Delete* not worthwhile"

So disregarding "low value" votes doesn't look like it swings the vote
clearly in one direction or the other to me, unless one selectively
disregards poorly-supported votes on one side but not on the other. I
certainly wouldn't mind a policy encouraging disregarding such votes,
mind you, I just don't think it would make a difference here.