[WikiEN-l] WTF? Is it suddenly OK to ignore consensus on AfD?

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 05:09:52 UTC 2005

On 9/25/05, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even so, you really should have tried to communicate with him before
> taking it too the list. I agree that the decision is totally absurd,
> but you should let him defend himself first. And if he does, as you
> suggest he will, ignore/blank you, you will have more ammo for a
> discussion.

Ammo for discussion?  What's wrong with simply discussing the issue
rather than gathering "ammo"?

Look at it from my point of view: an arbitrator/administrator rebuffed
my attempts to communicate with him.  An RfC was started, and it went
nowhere, apparently because so many people refused to believe the RfC
was about refusal to communicate, instead choosing to believe it was
that he nominated articles en masse to VfD.

If I had any reason to believe I would get a good faith answer from
the person in question, I would post on his talk page.  However, not
only have I not been given reason to believe that he'll communicate,
I've seen the opposite because shortly after the last time, he added a
somewhat hostile "policy" to his talk page which seems to be meant to
justify his capriciousness.

I'm not one to go banging my head against brick walls.  I don't like
to waste my time, and I don't like the headaches.  Ignore me if you so
choose, but I prefer to discuss this in the open with several other
reasonalbe users rather than try to start a conversation with a single
user who's already proven unresponsive to myself and several others on
this exact issue.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused