[WikiEN-l] "Fair use" abuse on user pages

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:34:03 UTC 2005

I was actually thinking to create a flowchart for people to easily determine
the copyright status of images, but lacking the legal know-how, I haven't
done it.

Not only would such an aid in determining image status be helpful to people
who are new to legal issues on this, it could also be used as an argument to
not allow images that don't get through this process for being a copyright
infringement or faulty fair use claim.

We should also have a page saying how we should only have limited fair use
images on articles (and not on userpages) where there's no other
alternatives or 1 such image in an article when it explains a lot (again, if
there's no other choice).

--Mgm