[WikiEN-l] "Fair use" abuse on user pages

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 20:03:50 UTC 2005

On 22/09/05, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would greatly approve of that.  IMO there is no fair use for a
> nonfree image outside of article space (excluding the temporary use of
> one in a user sandbox for an article under development).

Oh, there's *probably* some plausible uses in Wikipedia: space, but in
the general case I concur.

> Several of us are now speedily deleting nonfree images that have no
> article references on the grounds that an image that is not being used
> logically cannot be being used as fair use.

Stupid question: I'm purging my merry way through the {{poster}}
categories (sorting them into movieposter, &c); is there a tag I can
slap on images to say "is fairuse, is not linked to anything, Someone
Do Something About This"?

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk