[WikiEN-l] Again, TINC (Was: Potential Wikipedian growing pains)

Jack Lynch jack.i.lynch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:47:15 UTC 2005

LOL, I'm obviously not talking about "the" admins. I'm talking about
cliques: People who '''do''' show a vested interest in some
particular, and coordinate edits accordingly. There are also cliques
which are primarilly focused on chatting w one another, leaving small
jokes and images on one anothers pages. The latter are usually a good
thing, encouraging community and making people happier about editing.
They can become a problem however when 1 member has a conflict, and
rallies the others into prejudiced partisan support.

Please be mindful, were talking about middle school style
'''cliques''', not some outdated usenet concept or crazed conspiracy
theories w Jimbo playing puppeteer from the shadows.

Jack (Sam Spade)