[WikiEN-l] Auto blocker is bad

Jack Lynch jack.i.lynch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:13:28 UTC 2005

I'm sure we could each think of some benefit or another it provides,
but I daresay their is consensus that certain aspects of it are
unfortunate. IMO a risk/gain ratio assessment makes it rather clear
that the auto-blocker does far more harm than good.

As far as "unamanageable", in theory everything is managable, but the
results I have seen havn't been managed well at all. I think we'd be
far better off w/o a system requiring so much attention in order to
get it right.

Jack (Sam Spade)