[WikiEN-l] WP Credibility watch: stats of WP and EB citations in news press:

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 08:03:14 UTC 2005

Andrew Lih wrote:

> - Lots of tech sites are in Google News, and Wikipedia excels at tech
> entries.

I would say that as far as computer stuff goes, we've largely achieved
quality. Wikipedia is the *first* place I look at concerning some
technical thing I've never heard of and need to quickly get up to
speed on. Google tends to give you mailing list posts.

(If it isn't there, I'll write it ;-)

> - Wikipedia pounds other 'pedias when it comes to current events coverage

This is a new and magical excellent thing we do, by the way.

- d.