[WikiEN-l] Re: Potential Wikipedian growing pains

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:08:09 UTC 2005

On 9/21/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: Zephram Stark <zephramstark at yahoo.com>
> >
> >The only significant source of contention at Wikipedia is when people try
> >to unduly influence articles.
>
> Exactly.
>
> >Yet, it is possible to create a system where unduly influencing articles
> >cannot be achieved.
>
> But how can this benefit you?  If such a system actually worked, you'd be
> completely unable to edit.  Oh wait, we must already have such a system,
> because you are effectively unable to edit now.
>
> >if we are willing to let our influence be based on the quality of our edits
>
> We are; that's why you have absolutely no influence.
>
> Jay.

Even if everything you've written is correct, there's no need to be so
antagonistic with someone who is already blocked.  This reads as a
petty stab at someone who's already  ostracized from the Wiki.  Admins
and arbitrators should rise above such behavior, even when it tests
their patience.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused