[WikiEN-l] Better tools to fight Wiki vandalism

Frederic frederic at conrotte.be
Tue Sep 20 18:20:41 UTC 2005

Hi Wikipedians,

just a question regarding Wiki Vandalism on Wikipedia.

On this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges, would it be possible to display a symbol in front of the line (let's say "V" for Vandalism)
if some facts are met about the changes on an article ?
E.g. : if size has decreased of more than 20%
Another way would be to compute a level of probability of vandalism based on some criteria, a bit like SpamAssasin is working on killing spams.

Another tool that would usefull to fight spam would be to create a page like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges
but with differences directly displayed, without the full articles. I mean you would have all the differences on the latests articles amended displayed on one page.
Ok ok It would cost maybe too much CPU to do this, but this could be a tool reserved for "significant Wikipedia contributors"

Fred

(Sorry if this topic has already been discussed/solved but I didn't find a way to query the ML's history)