[WikiEN-l] Potential Wikipedian growing pains

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:24:07 UTC 2005

> I don't think you have to look too desperately to start a new article
> - as long as humans exist and make news, there will be plenty of
> things to add. The next killer hurricane, the next teenage gal missing
> in the Caribbean, the next popular TV show, the next government
> official arrested for corruption, et al.

There'll always be valid topics to write about, but like Daniel I'm
worried about the amount of granular entries we're receiving. "Guy
making a canoe out of a log" (or whatever it was), a minor character
from Wayne's World 2 is on AFD. While he may be real and verifiable,
people need to take into account Wikipedia structure more. Important
and big stuff can get a seperate article and granular stuff should
only get an article if something encyclopedic can actually be said
about it. Otherwise merge per WP:FICT or whatever equivalent we've
got.