[WikiEN-l] Re: Esquire article on Wikipedia

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 21 05:34:10 UTC 2005

Mark Pellegrini wrote:

> The page is pretty self explanatory. A journalist for Esquire
> magazine, A.J. Jacobs, did a story about Wikipedia,
> and then posted it on Wikipedia so that Wikipedians can edit it.

People who are not familiar with Jacobs may wish to check out the
Wikipedia article on him and note the subject of his most recent book.
You can also get a quick synopsis of the book's impact on Wikipedia and
the blogosphere from a recent Signpost article
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2005-08-01/Votes_for_deletion).

By the way, nobody seems to have asked what should be an essential
question for us while we're collaborating on a journalism project, which
is, "What's our deadline?"

--Michael Snow