[WikiEN-l] Delete IAR

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:01:49 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:

> It's a stick of dynamite. If for the sake of the project you need to do
> something and the rules are in the way, you may take it upon yourself to
> emply the dynamite.
> If when the smoke clears there is agreement that things are better than they
> would have been otherwise, there may be a little polite applause. Otherwise
> you'd better just reverse what you did, apologise, and move on.

Indeed. From [[m:Bash]]:

<Tony_Sidaway> What did Ed do, exactly?  Delete VfD?
<DavidGerard> yep.
<DavidGerard> deleted vfd.
<DavidGerard> :-O
<DavidGerard> just the front index page, not the daily pages ;-)
<Tony_Sidaway> Hmmm.  I had no idea this little VfD would become a cause
               celebre.
<Tony_Sidaway> "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

- d.