[WikiEN-l] Arlo Guthrie's wife, on "cleanup"

Daniel P. B. Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Sun Sep 18 01:07:22 UTC 2005

Arlo Guthrie tells a story about needing to find some old magazines
that he was sure were in his basement. After all, they'd been there
for years. He couldn't find them, so he asked his wife about them.

"Oh," she said, "I cleaned those up last spring."

"They're not 'cleaned'", objected Arlo, "they're _gone!_"

"Well," said his wife, "I don't think you can get much cleaner than
'gone.'"

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/