[WikiEN-l] AfD for a second opinion

Daniel P. B. Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Sat Sep 17 16:37:17 UTC 2005

> From: Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com>

> What about when they say to themselves "I'm not really sure if this is
> suitable but it's not complete nonsense and I'd like a second
> opinion" -
> is that an acceptable use of AfD?

Sure it is. I think. I've used it that way myself a number of times.
I thought AfD was a place where we discuss problematical articles and
decide what should be done with them.

> Or should we rename AfD to make this an acceptable use?

The name doesn't have to be perfect. Most articles do go on AfD
because someone thinks they should be deleted, so it's a reasonable
name. That doesn't mean that the three-word name captures the entire
range of policy governing how it can be used.

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/