[WikiEN-l] Undeletion policy

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 14:13:27 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> On 9/17/05, Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Bryan Derksen wrote:
>>
>>As for "abstain" votes on nomination for AfD, it's because there's
>>really no better place for people to say "I think there's something
>>wrong with this article, what should be done?" Just putting {{cleanup}}
>>or {{wikify}} on something won't fix it in a hurry. Putting {{afd}} on
>>it /will/.
>>

> I'm in two minds about this. Should we allow the casual use of AfD as a
> cleanup resource? I think I'd be inclined to regard such use of AfD as
> borderline bad faith. If someone really thinks an article needs to be
> cleaned up, *and quickly*, he should just do a quick edit to remove whatever
> it is that makes him uncomfortable about the article from the current
> version. This should take a minute or so.

What about when they say to themselves "I'm not really sure if this is
suitable but it's not complete nonsense and I'd like a second opinion" -
is that an acceptable use of AfD?

Or should we rename AfD to make this an acceptable use?

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign