[WikiEN-l] Re: Violation of Blocking Policy

Brian Brockmeyer brianbrockmeyer at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:41:56 UTC 2005

Alphax wrote:
>>Actually, it was. You continued to revert without discussing why you
>>were doing so on the article's talk page, or the talk page of the other
>>editor who was reverting you. /That/ is why we have the 3RR

Actually, it wasn't.  You should familiarize yourself with Wiki's policies.
The policy on blocking for "excessive reverts" reads as follows:

"Excessive reverts
Sysops may block users who violate the three revert rule by reverting any
page more than three times within a period of 24 hours. In the cases where
multiple parties violate the rule, sysops should treat all sides equally.
It is helpful to leave a notice of the block, with links to the differences
that demonstrate the violation, on the user's talk page."

By Phroziac's own admission, there were no 3 reverts within a period of 24
hours, and, hence, no basis for blocking.

As the matter does not fall under any other grounds for blocking in Wiki's
Blocking Policy, and that policy is acknowledged as an "exhaustive list" of
situations that justify blocking, Phroziac clearly abused his administrative
authority by issuing a block in contravention of Wiki's Blocking Policy.
The block should be lifted and Phroziac should be called to the carpet for
his violation of Wiki policy.

--Brian Brockmeyer