[WikiEN-l] Improper speedy taggings

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:40:37 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/16/05, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But I do win. And it is a struggle. A struggle to make an article so good
> > that it cannot be deleted. Otherwise why would anyone want to hang out on
> > AfD? And as a by-product Wikipedia gets some pretty good articles.
>
> You win against whom?  You may succeed.  But you don't win.  If you
> think you do, you should consider that everyone (well, near everyone)
> on Wikipedia wants to _improve_ it.  So your attitude of seeing
> victory is simply not helpful.

If the game is to improve an article to a point where the consensus is
"keep", then concensus has also decided that a win in this game
improves Wikipedia, and is therefore helpful.

Just as not all losses necessarily include a victor, not all victories
require losers.  Should delete nominators really consider it a loss if
the article is improved and the consensus "keep"?  Obviously not.

Tony's actions prove that he's going for win-win rather than win-lose.
 He's improving the encyclopedia.  I hope more people join him in his
game.

However, the win/lose jargon should be kept under close control by all
who use it.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused