[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Afd "votes" with no real reasons given

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:06:49 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Ryan Delaney" <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote
> in message news:eecbb0630509152024421173d4 at mail.gmail.com...
>
> > You don't just discard their votes without comment.
>
> >From whence do you gain the impression that Tony "discards" those votes?
> My
> take on his comment was that he felt more satisfaction closing a
> discussion
> which appeared more "informed", rather than having his conclusion
> affected.

This was my original meaning. However I take issue with the apparent
implication that an Afd closer must give equal weight to all expressions of
opinion.

I generally take such expressions into account where the numbers seem to be
close to my personal comfort zones on consensus/no consensus, but in the
extreme case one edit that says "delete, this is a hoax documented at X" or
"keep, this fellow was President of Venezuela from 1976-1980, as documented
at Y, and I have edited the article to include this referenced fact"
outweighs any number of "delete, non-notable Miami beach bum" votes.