[WikiEN-l] Violation of Blocking Policy

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:33:19 UTC 2005

Brian Brockmeyer wrote:
> User:Arigold reported me on the Wikipedia:Administrators'
> Noticeboard/3RR for alleged violation of the 3-revert rule, which was
> not the case.  Phroziac, who handled Arigold's complaint, readily
> acknowledged that there had been no 3RR violation, writing:
>
> "Maybe I'm blind, but i don't see any four reverts from him that fall
> into a 24 hour period. However, that is gaming the system, and I have
> blocked him for 24 hours. In the future, please sign posts on pages like
> this with ~~~~ --Phroziac (talk) 15:20, 15 September 2005 (UTC)"
>
> By Phroziac's own admission, I did not violate the 3RR, yet he proceeded
> to block me anyway with no basis in Wiki's Blocking Policy.
>
> His claim that I was "gaming the system" amounts to nothing more than an
> affirmation that I did NOT violate the 3RR.  Even still, it lacks all
> merit, since there were merely 4 reverts in a 5 day span (19:36
> September 9 to 19:54 September 14, the date of my last reversion that
> precipitated Phroziac's block), which hardly evinces any kind of intent
> to manipulate and exploit the 3RR.  The 3RR prohibits 3 reverts within a
> 24-hour window.  I made 4 in 100+ (interestingly enough, the same # as
> AriGold, who was NOT blocked).  Neither the 3RR was violated, nor its
> spirit, was violated.  Not even close.

Actually, it was. You continued to revert without discussing why you
were doing so on the article's talk page, or the talk page of the other
editor who was reverting you. /That/ is why we have the 3RR.

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign