[WikiEN-l] Re: Images on user pages

Laura Scudder laurascudder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 03:25:58 UTC 2005

For instance, for the Netscape icon
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Nuvola_apps_netscape.png we
apparently can only use it in limited cases and are supposed to
include the text:

"Netscape, Netscape Certificater Server, Netscape FastTrack Server,
Netscape Navigator, Netscape ONE, SuiteSpot, and the Netscape N and
Ship's Wheel logos are registered trademarks of Netscape
Communications Corporation in the United States and other countries.
[List other Netscape product names used in your document] are also
trademarks of Netscape Communications Corporation, which may be
registered in other countries." (from
http://wp.netscape.com/legal_notices/trademarks.html)

So it would seem to me that we shouldn't have the trademarked images
that we can only use in limited cases anyways.

Laurascudder