[WikiEN-l] Images on user pages

grm_wnr grmwnr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:52:59 UTC 2005

Hello all (oh, and first post to te mailing list for me, so please be
gentle),

Fastfission wrote:

>I wholly support any approach that would keep User pages either out of
>the GFDL or out of our database ports, to be honest, though I'm not
>completely aware of what that would entail in terms of licensing
>requirements or technical ones.

What if we forked off the user namespace into its own project shared
among all other project (like the image mainspace was /kind of/ forked
into commons)? We could put that whole project into a more restrictive
license, and give it its own dump. Of course that depends upon another
pipe dream, that of single signon across all projects, which is on top
of some people's wish list already...

--[[en:User:grm_wnr]]