[WikiEN-l] Votes for undeletion

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:55:14 UTC 2005

It has come to my notice that, contrary to undeletion policy, there is a
fashion on Votes for Undeletion for citing "Valid AfD" (shorthand for
"validly closed debate on Articles for Deletion"). The citation of the
undeletion policy had apparently also been edited to remove reference to the
possibility of petitioning for undeletion on the grounds that a valid
argument had been ignored.

Since Undeletion Policy is an official policy which all editors are expected
to follow, I have replaced the inaccurate description of the purpose of the
page, quoting the undeletion policy.

If there is a consensus to change official Wikipedia policy, this should be
determined by discussion widely advertised and with broad participation;
unfortunately this little corner of Wikipedia seems to harbor editors with
other ideas. If undeletion policy doesn't suit them, they just ignore it.