[WikiEN-l] Images on user pages

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 07:33:37 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:
<snip>
> The only issue as I see it, is that we don’t give reusers the option to not
> download user pages and other Wikipedia-specific pages. But that is a current
> technical problem; not a valid reason to forever forbid NC and special use
> images in the user or Wikipedia namespaces.
>
> Forbidding such images for no practical reason smacks of fascism to me. So once
> the technical issue I mentioned is fixed, I see no valid reason for us to not
> be more permissive on image licensing in the user namespace (within the limits
> of WP:NOT a personal web page provider)

See Erik Möller (Eloquence)'s recent post to Commons-l:

http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/commons-l/2005-September/000077.html

"Creative Commons -NC Considered Harmful"

The page where he outlines why is:

http://intelligentdesigns.net/Licenses/NC

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign