[WikiEN-l] Vandalism concerns with commons images

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 01:30:14 UTC 2005

On 9/15/05, Anthony DiPierro <wikispam at inbox.org> wrote:
> That said, I think this thread is somewhat misdirected. This is really a
> Foundation issue. I suppose the Foundation isn't well enough organized to
> deal with it, though.

I don't think the ease of obtaining adminship needs to a core policy
which the Foundation would ever have any reason to impose upon the
projects. We don't even have globally agreed on written down
cross-wiki policies for many of the things which could be regarded as
core principles (policies like free licensing, NPOV, etc have been
developed on the English Wikipedia, and many others, but not all
Wikimedia projects, and it's increasingly becoming clear that not all
projects recognise these as being policies outside of the English
Wikipedia). I see this as an issue the global communities need to work
out, not something people should be waiting for the Board to impose.

Angela.