[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:13:27 UTC 2005

On 9/14/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's what I see as a good thing. By involving people in the
> discussion who are not emotionally attached to the subject being
> discussed we can get views from outside the field of "fanatics" (sorry
> for not knowing a better word here).
>
> I always try to back up my vote with some point of policy or research
> (see the photographer on AFD today). More people should base their
> votes off facts instead of "Keep, X is good/encyclopedic/verifiable".
> They should address the policy point that's being addressed. I.e "What
> do you mean not-notable? They were the main guest on Oprah last week
> and they have a top 100  Amazon sales rank." instead of "Writers are
> notable".
>
> You could change the deletion process a thousand times, but if people
> put their own feelings of what should be included in the discussion
> (and preferably immediately). We'd agree on stuff a lot easier.

Perhaps closing admins should simply ignore opinions of the form "nn,
delete" and "Keep all schools".  People will stop offering such such
bland opinions if they realize that their input is being ignored and
will instead offer more useful commentary.

I'm also entirely in favor of speedy closing any listing where the
nomination offers no more than "nn, delete" or the equivalent.
Subsequent opiners can merely be indicating their support for the
nominator's argument, but at least the nominator is and ought to be
obliged to make a non-facile argument for the deletion of the article.

Kelly