[WikiEN-l] Images on user pages

Rob gamaliel8 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 05:01:57 UTC 2005

Wow.

Editors put in thousands of free hours of labor here,
I don't think the permission to put up a picture of
their dog or kids is such an outrageous thing to allow
them.

-Gamaliel

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com:

"There has been 'de facto' tolerance of
unfree-with-permission images on user
pages; I think this should go, too. If you're not
comfortable with putting
pictures of yourself, your family, your dog et al.
under GFDL or another
compatible license, don't put them on Wikipedia even
for your userpage.
After all, you could say 'Go to my personal web site
for more info about
me', or something - links are perfectly fine."