[WikiEN-l] Vandalism concerns with commons images

uninvited at nerstrand.net uninvited at nerstrand.net
Tue Sep 13 22:50:23 UTC 2005

David Benbennick wrote:

> > > How about the reverse?  Are we prepared to grant EN adminship to all
> > > Commons admins?
>
> > I'm confused.  Does vandalism on EN affect commons?

> My point was simply that "fair is fair".  If you think EN admins
> should get to be Commons admins automatically, it's only fair to allow
> Commons admins the same privilege.

I'm dismayed that you see this as a game of tit-for-tat rather than the
serious policy and coordination question that it is.

As a practical matter, I believe that most of the commons admins are
already administrators on their "home" wikipedias.  As I stated in my
opening post, I would support granting commons adminship to admins from
any of the larger wikipedias, including de and fr and perhaps others.