[WikiEN-l] Proposed handling of cumbersome "disambiguation"

steve v vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 22:33:42 UTC 2005

Well, think of it like alternate handling. Consider
also the fact that disambiguations (and redirects) are
often anomalies in the encyclopedia model: They arent
entirely encyclopedic (though they are close) nor
Wikipedia pages. Theres the other issue that
disambiguations are in essence "choice redirects", and
have the potential to someday be integrated into
metadata article organization.

In that sense, having Disambiguation sections might be
a hindrance, but its at least more definitive and
organized than hatnotes, which just obstruct from the
article.

SV