[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:37:43 UTC 2005

On 9/13/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> VFD is part of Wikipedia, why would it work the opposite way from the
> rest of the wiki. It takes me just a minute to substantiate proof
> something is worth of an entry. Yes, it takes some time, but it's time
> well spent. That's exactly why AFD needs knowledgeable people.

And if you come up with proof of relevance, your work will still be
for naught if the howling boeotians refuse to recant their delete
votes.  And any admin who dares disregard a numerical consensus to
delete when the minority side has a valid argument to keep will be
wikisued: ask Tony Sidaway about this.

There's a lot of editors and admins who've given up on VFD/AFD
precisely because of the problems Stan is talking about, including
many of Wikipedia's best editors.

Kelly