[WikiEN-l] Re: One Where We Blew It

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:23:08 UTC 2005

> > As what looks like the most radical inclusionist in this debate, I
> > should note that when I have the stomach for new pages patrol, about
> > half the pages should die. Not all of these are clear cut speedies,
> > but most of them are clear cut deletes. Since new pages patrol is
> > pure hell, and your eyes burn rapidly from the stupid, I tend to be
> > very supportive of people being given a long leash when they do it.
>
> Half is a little high

No, it's not.  If you exclude new redirects, I would say that between
50% and 75% of the new pages created on any given day are deletion
fodder and get speedied.  Note that you wouldn't know this unless
you've actually done new page patrol, because the admins who do it
tend to be very efficient at it; total crap pages only last a few
minutes, typically.  (Of course, sometimes the same page gets speedied
ten times in as many minutes, too...)

Kelly