[WikiEN-l] Re: One Where We Blew It

Snowspinner Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:55:12 UTC 2005

On Sep 13, 2005, at 11:44 AM, Tony Sidaway wrote:

> I'm the only person I know who does this regularly at present--there
> aren't presently a lot of articles being wrongly speedied so it
> only takes
> one person to check.  I think the RC patrollers generally exercise
> good
> judgement.  There is a tendency to stretch speedy criteria but this is
> mostly done with commonsense.

As what looks like the most radical inclusionist in this debate, I
should note that when I have the stomach for new pages patrol, about
half the pages should die. Not all of these are clear cut speedies,
but most of them are clear cut deletes. Since new pages patrol is
pure hell, and your eyes burn rapidly from the stupid, I tend to be
very supportive of people being given a long leash when they do it.
The number of people who can contribute at least moderately OK
articles on first edit is such that we can afford to lose the wholly
illiterate to Comixpedia and other sites.

But as I look at Comixpedia, that's pretty obviously not who we lost.

-Snowspinner