[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Ral315 en.ral315 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:50:34 UTC 2005

On 9/13/05, William M Connolley <wmc at bas.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Bryan Derksen wrote:
> > Hear hear. Instead of moving VfD to AfD, we might as well have moved it
> > to "Wikiproject Deletion." The last thing we need is a group of people
> > who _specialize_ in deciding what articles are allowed in Wikipedia. The
> > small, obscure articles don't get many people from outside the VfD
> > regulars to consider the matter.
>
> How about only permitting people 3 votes per day in total?
>
> -W.

Having a vote threshold simply won't work. Last night I closed 4 AfD's, all
on Bus Stops (result was no consensus). What if each voter could only vote
on 3 of the 4, and then no more articles at all? Besides, that would just
increase the number of articles who don't get enough votes to reach
consensus- they'd have to be relisted, increasing the AfD load.

--
Sincerely,
Ral315