[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:08:20 UTC 2005

Keith Old wrote:
> Anyone is encouraged to vote in Articles for Deletion. I am one of the
> regulars on the Articles for Deletion. One of the issues that has been
> ignored in this debate is that many articles have been improved beyond
> recognition as a result of the Articles for Deletion process. For many
> users, there a number of articles in which they have an intereste nominated
> on one day and none the day after.
>
> We should be encouraging users to participate in the process not
> discouraging them with artificial limits. It seems that many people who
> don't participate in the process are the most vocal about its supposed
> deficiencies. It's a bit like complaining about the quality of the
> politicians that are running the country while you don't vote.
>
> Keith
>
> aka User: Capitalistroadster

Now there's a familiar face! I agree, there have been many articles
which (at the time they were nominated) could probably have been
speedied, but instead, they went to V/AFD and were improved to the point
of valid stubs (or beyond). Not everyone who votes "delete" does so on
every AFD page; not everyone who votes "keep" does so on every AFD page.

I think the biggest problem with AFD is the "Us and Them" mentality of
the AIW and the ADW, playing a zero-sum game.

PROPOSAL: Delete these pages from meta straight away, notify all former
members, and ban anyone who mentions them ever again...

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign