[WikiEN-l] Deletion suggestion

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:30:33 UTC 2005

While I appreciate people are trying to think of ways to improve a process
which they perceive as deficient, that process and others not involving a
central process open to all users would end up working very inconsistently
with articles being deleted or not at the whim of which admin comes through
at a particular time.

Let us look at an article about a person who is notable in Australia but not
elsewhere (for example) which is in a poor state. Editor A comes and tags
the article for deletion. Editor B comes through and deletes it. Neither
editor is aware of the significance of the person in Australia and the
article is deleted.

If it was listed on articles for deletion, an editor or editors from
Australia could argue for its retention and improve it meaning we have a
better article.

Apart from that, I suspect that the undeletion process will become unclogged
with many accusations of editors/admins acting in bad faith.

I will flag now that I will not vote for any proposal unless that I am
pretty sure that it will improve the system. I will not vote for any
proposal which removes the deletion process from the scrutiny of ordinary
users.

Keith

aka Capitalistroadster