[WikiEN-l] Re: "Pure wiki"

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:27:15 UTC 2005

> 5) USENET resembles a pure wiki system. Articles can only be deleted
> ("cancelled") by the person who created them (and as of 2005 virtually all
> news servers seem to ignore cancellations anyway). It is an inclusionist's
> dream. It is far larger than Wikipedia and far more comprehensive.

And before anyone goes calling him a deletionist. I believe merges and
VFU should be used more. Merges to keep info, but not fragmented
articles. VFU to undo unjust deletions. Both extreme inclusionism and
extreme deletionism have faults that are the root of a lot of
ill-feeling between the groups.

(Sorry for the repeat of my view, but it seemed appropriate here).